¨Call yourself a writer?¨
This is a meme I have just completed about writing. I am going to link to some other writers I know, see If they fill it out too.
So, here goes:
1. Which words do you use too much in your writing?
Like, of course, I think
2. Which words do you consider overused in stuff you read?
Made up words like ‘Google it’
3. What’s your favourite piece of writing by you?
My diary! So things I write and hardly ever share with anyone else.
4. What are your other favourite blogs?
I love http://www.consuminglilly.com/, http://www.mywritingblog.com/ and http://rang-thecoloursoflife.blogspot.com/, but there are loads I love.
5. Regrets, do you have a few? Is there anything you wish you hadn’t written?
I think there is more I regret not having written than things I regret actually having written. I wish I had kept a diary while I was living in India for example.
6. How has your writing made a difference? What do you consider your most important piece of writing?
It would be quite vain of me to say my writing is making a difference to other people yet. I like to think people find some of my articles in InPalma magazine entertaining, something to read while you are waiting at the hairdresser’s or something. Otherwise I feel my writing makes a great difference to myself; it’s immensely therapeutic and keeps me sane. At the moment I have reached the point that my writing is actually paying the bills, which I am very proud of and I consider that to be quite an important achievement. To date my most important piece of writing has to be my Masters Dissertation on Zeus and his procreative power in Homer and Hesiod. I miss the hours of reading and research that involved and hope to be able to do something like that again soon.
7. Name three favourite words
Trust. Love. Courage. Slightly soppy I know but I’m trying to be honest here..
8. …And three words you’re not so keen on
I hate ‘nice’, I think it’s really weak… there are so many better words. I’m really un-keen on swear words too; they hurt my ears, no one should ever swear in front of a lady!
9. Do you have a writing mentor, role model or inspiration?
I can’t think of any specific names, although I love Jane Austen novels and Seamus Heaney poems. Anyone who has published stories that move millions deserves a prize.
10. What’s your writing ambition?
To write a book or two after I have made my millions managing online blogs and websites!
11. Plug alert! List any work you would like to tell your readers about.
I think my friend from Durham Uni is someone to watch, I love her writing style!
So, that’s me!
The Official Rules
If you have time to do this meme, then please link to my post here, then link to three to five other bloggers and pass it on, asking them to answer your questions and link back to you. You can add, remove or change one question as you go. You absolutely do not have to be what you may think of as a “published” or “successful” writer to respond to this meme.
Have fun, and I look forward to reading more responses!